In September 2018 (10 September – 30 September 2018), and with continued support from The Fenton Arts Trust, Cove Park will award four residencies for early-career artists specialising in visual arts (with a focus upon painting or sculpture), literature, crafts/design and music/composition. These funded three-week residencies will run in parallel from Monday 10 September – Sunday 30 September 2018.
Early Career Residency Programme
Cove Park’s residency programme provides the time and support for artists to focus exclusively upon their own practice. The emphasis is upon research, experimentation and the development of new work. The participating artists will be part of a changing group of national and international residents specialising in a wide variety of art forms. All of the artists are invited to take part in a series of informal studio presentations, talks, screenings and dinners organised by Cove Park throughout the summer programme. Artists may also have the opportunity to contribute to ‘Hands-On Cove Park’ a new creative learning programme of public events and activities.
Facilities and Resources
The facilities and resources available include:
- High quality, en-suite self-catering accommodation;
- Private studio (if required);
- Communal workspace and equipment (although Cove Park has a good supply of
- basic tools and equipment, including a 60-litre kiln, residents may need to bring
- any specialised equipment or materials that they require);
- The new Artists Centre: 72sqm devising and workshop space, meeting room, dining area, communal kitchen, library, archive, IT suite and laundry facilities;
- Unlimited access to the 50-acre site.
These residencies are funded: each artist participating in this programme will receive a fee and no charge will be made for accommodation or studio space.
Resident’s Fee (for three weeks): £1,200*
For more information about Cove Park and how to apply for the Early Career Residencies click HERE
Deadline 1st June.