The topic Making Music receive the most queries about is PRS. What is PRS, how do you pay it and just why is it so complicated?
In this session on Saturday 25th February, they’ll clear up some of the mysteries and help you to understand how, when and where you need to make your PRS payments.
They’ll talk about:
- The definition of copyright
- When a PRS fee is payable
- How to find out if your venue has a PRS licence
- The different types of licence and what they cover
- How to make your payment
- Anything else that arises on the topic!
More reasons to come:
- Mingle with other music makers over a refreshment
- An update on new resources and services from Making Music
- Meet your local Making Music team and ask questions
Making Music is the UK’s number one organisation for amateur music, with a membership of over 3,000 groups representing around 170,000 music makers across the UK. This session is suitable for representatives of amateur choirs, orchestras and other music groups.
Speirs Locks Campus, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
210 Garscube Road
G4 9RR Glasgow
Location: Glasgow City
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Alison Reeves), or visit https://www.makingmusic.org.uk/event/information-and-advice-event-glasgow-getting-grips-prs
The deadline is Saturday 25 February 2017 at 10:30.